Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My lovelies.....

I know I've been MIA, but for good reason. I've been sitting in the bathroom. Watching Caleb pee and poop and not pee and not poop and laugh and cry and pee all over the wall and poop on the rug and pee his pants while trying to get his pants off in time and washing hands over and over and over and reading a million magazines and books and occasionally taking a potty break myself.  I've secretly been dreading this experience, but it's been frustrating and fun all at the same time. I've never spent that much time in the bathroom in my entire life and now I really need to redo my bathroom, it's very boring. We are officially potty trained, we have our good days and we have our bad days. But crazy enough he's completely night trained which just blows my mind. I'm very thankful for that! We are very proud of him and glad we are officially only changing about 6 diapers a day instead of 12 :-) 

Here are my lovelies reading together and being sweet. They sure are having less and less "hate" moments and more and more "love" moments. I think it's because Adrienne had finally figured out how to play with him. He also knows exactly what to do to make her giggle uncontrollably. Tonight they spent an entire hour in Adrienne's room (which they rarely play in). They turned the lights off and played with two of her toys that light up and they just giggled and giggled. It was the cutest thing. I decided to leave they alone and finally checked on them after quite awhile and found then piling things up to get into her crib, little stinkers :-) 




Adrienne has quite the quaff these days. Mostly a mullet but since she won't keep hair things in there's not much I can do about it. I did however manage to get her hair in pig tails a couple weeks ago and man she was not happy with me. She looked so old and cute though. Check out her huge lips...so cute!



Adrienne's vocabulary has rapidly grown in the last three weeks. She tries to say everything...

please- plees
thank you-taa chu
banana-nana
apple-apppppllllle
movie- moie
grandpa-bumpa
Lucy-Luuuuuuuuuuuucyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Elmo-Elmo
airplane-airpane
Lion-Lione

She loves to sing but only sings portions of songs "A, B, C....H, I, J....O, P" and she's so cute when she sings "Row, Row, Row your boat"..sounds more like this "Row, row, row, row, rooooo, merry, merry, merry". 

And she said her first three word sentence which I totally freaked out about. But I must tell a quite story to preface it. When Caleb gets to watch a movie he always sits on our short sofa on the same side and I just recently started sitting Adrienne on the other side, hoping she may watch a few moments of it(she has never watched a movie, not even baby einstein, she cannot sit still!). She's finally started to watch the first 10 minutes of them. So anyone, I always have to say to Caleb you can watch one movie if he asks because he usually get's upset when we have to turn it off. And many times he'll say "One movie please, just one". Just to be sweet. Well this time after I just turned the movie on. Adrienne ran to the couch and asked to get up, she needed a little help, so I helped her up and she turned around really fast and said "One moie plees". I just died! It's so funny that this girl has never watched a movie for more than two minutes that her first three word sentence would be that. Such a silly girl! 

No comments: