Wednesday, May 6, 2009

National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy

I can't imagine being a teen and trying to raise a child. Being 27 and raising two is extremely difficult, rewarding and a blessing, but difficult nonetheless. If I was 17 and raising a baby, I'm not sure I would be able to do it.  I know many people young and old read this blog for other reasons then to hear my rant on issues, but I thought if one teen read this and made new, better choices then my work was just beginning. 

For years now I've thought about talking to teens about this huge issue and starting to realize that I may just be getting somewhere with it. I know I may not be the prime candidate considering I waited to have children in marriage. But I have my fair share of friends who didn't wait. Seeing the impact a 27 year old can have on a 17 year old in the last few years has been eye-opening. 

So today, just one small step. A blog post to open your eyes. If your a teen, live your life to the fullest before living your life for your child. You have your whole life to raise children, live this time for yourself. If your a parent, do what you can now, to prevent your children for becoming a statistic. May it be small or big considering your circumstances, there is no time to wait. If your an adult, just the smallest act can be a huge difference. Write a blog post, have a nice talk with your teenage neighbor, call an old friend who may need help talking to a teen, or volunteer at a local organization promoting prevention of teen pregnancy. One small step will change someone's life for the better. 


1 comment:

smgoergen said...

Excellent Post Lins!